We are still seeking interested people to join our Fab Lab Advisory team. Contact Jim Lynch if you are interested – email@example.com
Wold Architects renovation bid accepted. Construction set to begin after school board accepts the bid formally on November 10. A mini-fab Lab has been setup in our metals shop. The cnc plasma cutter just arrived. We will start up maker groups of students to begin developing student Fab Lab experts to help with the development of the lab.
- The AVHS Fab Lab has a vision, mission, formal name and tag line thanks to the work of a dedicated committee from Apple Valley High School and Dakota County Technical College. See the site home page to view these. Next step, 3+ year strategic development plan.
- Progress continues in the renovation planning for the final home of the AVHS Fab Lab in Room 145. Wold Architects have been hired to manage this project. A more detailed plan is being created. Construction will begin in September. Target completion/grand opening is January.
- We are in the process of purchasing the tools and equipment needed to open up the lab.
- A temporary Fab Lab site will be opened up in the fall. Cliff Dodge has graciously agreed to provide space in his editing area located near the AVHS library. We plan to have some of the equipment set up to be mobile so we can bring this technology to the classroom.
- We continue to reach out to community members to begin building an advisory team for the Fab Lab. Four people have answered our call for help. We will call our first meeting after we gather a few more members. We need people with a variety of skills for this team (Marketing/sales, finance, artist/graphic artists, engineers, tinkerers, programmers, etc.)
- Finally, plans are being made to have a laser engraver here for teacher workshop. We will have a fun introductory demonstration of what this tool can do for our staff during that week.